Kylee & Courtney
Who doesn’t love makeup? But being a young college grad still trying to get her feet under her in the world, I’m not always in a position to spend hundreds of dollars on makeup all the time. In fact, finding a good quality beauty product for a steal gives me a thrill. So with that, I introduce my Fave under $5: e.l.f. Expert Liquid Liner.
I have a love/hate relationship with liquid eyeliner in general. I love the smooth look of it more than other pencils I use, but getting it on cleanly is definitely a challenge for me every morning…especially when I’m half asleep with eyes barely open. But this liner has drawn me back in. At $2 I was terrified it was going to be smeary and poorly pigmented, but I was wrong. I have the jet black and coffee colors. The black is crisp and sharp, perfect for days when I need a more dramatic look. The coffee is more subtle and natural, perfect for my t-shirt and baseball cap days.
- 4 different colors for people craving different looks
- Available online or at most Target stores
- Stays on well! Does not get smeary as the day goes on
- Coffee color is a little weaker pigmented than the black and sometimes hard to see
- It is brush and pot style, not pen style, making it a little harder to apply flawlessly
I love my Bobbi Brown makeup…cha ching $$$$ So it may seem a little odd to find a tube of $4.99 Maybelline Great Lash mascara riding along in my cosmetic bag. But can I just say that having tried ‘em all, this one is the BOMB! Even though I have eyelash extensions, I still use a light coat of Great Lash to give them that extra pop. And, it helps keep my extensions from getting all twisty. Sometimes the cheapest option is the best option.
- CHEAP! $4.99
- Can be worn with eyelash extensions (does not have glycol, which dissolves the glue)
- Washes off easily
- Not a lot of product in each tube so I end up buying a new one every 3 months