Courtney & Kylee
Continuing our delish or bust series on Pinterest recipes, we’re going to show you our top pick for Pinterest desserts this month. These are recipes we’ve tried, tested, and proven delicious. First up is my pick: No Bake Oreo Cheesecake by Crazy for Crust. I found this on Pinterest awhile back and out of the many, many desserts I have on my board, this was one of the first I actually tried. Hint, hint: it’s because it’s a no-bake recipe! And let me just tell you, it did not disappoint. My body may have hated me for it because I don’t think I put the pie tin down the whole weekend. In fact, I barely even let my husband have any of it. If you love Oreos and cheesecake, this is the recipe for you.
What Kylee Loves:
- It’s so fast! Because of its no-bake nature, this thing is so easy to whip up and prepare. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge.
- So cheesecake-y. It’s VERY cream cheese. If you hate cream cheese, this is not the delight for you, but if you could eat cream cheese plain (like me), you’ll never get enough.
- Great portion size. It’s a whole pie so it’s a perfect recipe for bringing to a party or a potluck without crazy amounts of work or breaking the wallet.
What Kylee Hates:
- Store bought stuff. Part of what makes the recipe so fast is that it relies on a store bought pie crust. I’m not super picky so I’ll take it, but there definitely is a better flavor to homemade crusts.
- It’s portion size. Like I said, it makes a whole pie. Great for parties, but when it’s just two of us eating it, it’s almost a little too much and impossible to eat all before going bad.
I don’t love baking. So if I’m going to take the time to make something, it better be worth the effort. Of all my favorite finds on Pinterest, the best dessert/cookie recipe I’ve found is the Cutlers Peanut Butter Cookie recipe from the blog The Girl Who Ate Everything. I’ve made the cookies for family, co-workers, and friends and it’s always been a hit. I think what makes these cookies remarkable is the double layer of frosting: one peanut butter and one chocolate. Can you say “Heaven!”
What Courtney Loves:
- Worth the effort! They will quickly become your signature dessert!
- The use of cake flour in the recipe results in an extremely tender cookie.
- They freeze well. Just make sure to use an airtight container and wax paper between the layers of cookies.
What Courtney Hates:
- They are time consuming to make. Not horribly so, but they do take more time than your average chocolate chip cookie.
*Note: One time, I tried skipping the peanut butter frosting and just used the chocolate frosting. Mistake! Believe it or not, the two layers of frosting are key to the success of these cookies!